Is there a RESTful API call that allows me to change the application rights for a given user? I need to strip Confluence from a sizable number of users, but doing it via a user-interactive web interface is time-consuming and inefficient.
I tried to pull the data on a given user (myself) using http://myinstance.jira.com/rest/api/latest/username?[myuserID] - but it keeps asking for a key, and I have no idea what it's asking for; I figured maybe I could update the "active" property referenced in https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#idp1247088 (and set it to "false"), but I can't seem to get to that data...and I'm not sure that would work anyway.
Ideas?
This is similar to the question asked here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/147154/jira-rest-api-create-and-update-users-and-groups
As far as I'm aware, the REST API for Confluence/JIRA only allows you to GET information about a given user, you are not able to actually modify any properties of a user via REST. This is possible using other methods however (i.e. Bob Swift's CLI tool or via the SOAP/XML-RPC API).
the CLI doesn't have the capability to manipulate the application access rights; neither does the SOAP API, to the best of my ability to tell. It would appear that this is UI only.
Application access can be modified by the CLI in the manner of group membership. For example the group _licensed-jira provides application access to JIRA
Jeff, what's the group for Confluence? I don't see a group named "_licensed-jira." When I try to use the CLI, I get the error "Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: no group found for that groupName: _licensed-jira"
Jeff, what's the group for Confluence? I don't see a group named "_licensed-jira." When I try to use the CLI, I get the error "Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: no group found for that groupName:
_licensed-jira"
Oh, I should have specified - this is ondemand. I'll re-ask the question with an ondemand reference.
Wait! I did!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.