I am trying to migrate an existing project to Kanban. I create a new Kanban board from the existing project and when I go to the work board, all the issues are displayed. I tried to do a 'release' to clean things up but it runs forever (8+ hrs for 2200 issues) and doesn't stop. The activity log shows it is adding a fix version to the issues but they still show up. I have tried various filter settings but haven't been able to make them go away.
How can I make old issues not appear?
UPDATE: In trying to clean up this, I was removing the releases and noticed that even in removing the release tags, JIRA can't seem to handle the volume of changes? Sometimes it will remove a couple hundred tags and sometimes over a thousand but never any indication that something failed. In the case of making a release, it never makes any of them appear to be released even though they have release labels on the issues? What else needs to be changed to make them be 'released'?
UPDATE 2: So I got rid of all my old issues by unarchiving those releases and marking them as releases but that still didn't solve the problem. When I have issues in the tested/done column it says it will 'release' them and it appears to but they just don't go away. Even after cleaning up everything and essentially starting new, they sit there. The releases are 'released', the filters is unchanged and as near as I can tell, it should be working but it doesn't. The only thing that is possibly causing it - the QA tester marking them as "resolved" doesn't get the dialog that allows him to choose a resolution like "fixed" but I can't figure out why that would make any difference.