Here is the API I am using
https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=UWS&customfield_10803=abcd&maxResults=2&fields='assignee,status,resolution'
The API returns the latest tickets for that project not taking into account the value of the custom field value specified in the API.
What happens when you search using the same JQL in JIRA directly?
Are you actually using the "Custom Field Name" name instead of the "Custom Field ID"? If not, can you try that?
You'll need to make a correct JQL statement to include the custom field like
https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=UWS AND customfield_10803=abcd&maxResults=2&fields='assignee,status,resolution'
So concatenating the search parameters to a string and url-encoding it instead of adding another field to the request.
What I usually do with REST search is first I try to put the JQL into the Advanced search in JIRA. As Joachim mentioned, your JQL is incorrect - it only searches for all of the issues in project UWS. What you really need is something like this:project=UWS AND customfield_10803=abcdIf you enter this string in advanced searching, you will also have a chance to check the syntax. The '=' operator works with selections only, if your custom field contains text, you need to use '~'.
I already tried this before posting the question here However it gives me an error response saying"Field 'customfield_10803' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it." But I know that this field exists because this is in the response when I try using https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/field . Part of Response: {"id":"customfield_10803","name":"Impacted Client(s)","custom":true,"orderable":true,"navigable":true,"searchable":true,"clauseNames":["cf[10803]","Impacted Client(s)"],"schema":{"type":"array","items":"option","custom":"com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiselect","customId":10803}},
As said, use the NAME not the ID
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.