jira service/facility desk sends an email with from field as anonymous. I want to see repoter name insted of anonymous.
I don't know from where it is picking up anonymous keyword even the ticket has valid reporter.
if you are referring to notification emails, there is a per-project setting to select the "from" address, within the "notification scheme" settings - perhaps not having that set is causing your problem, as it does say that leaving it blank will "reset sender to mail server default"
I have notification schema setup for that project and it is sending as anonymous for some of the users only.
is there a common feature to those users, e.g. that they have a particular permission level, belong to a particular group or role etc ? I'm just wondering if it could simply be a feature of the user rather than the email notification itself, as I would expect it to be consistent across all users otherwise
those are valid users and from email contains Anonymous (JIRA) [mailto:jira@xxx.com]
however in body section, reportes name is mentioned. e.g. created by:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.