Hi,
I would like to know if there is any way to not show the sub-task on the Plan mode of the boards either in the Kanban and Scrum views. I would like to see on those boards only the User Story status without all the tasks beneath.
Andres
By default, Sub-task should not appear in the plan mode. They will only appear in the issue detail view on the right pane when you click on issue in plan mode. No configuration involved, as far as I know. In the other hand, sub-task will appear as individual card in the Work mode by default.
If you don't like this to appear in the work mode and only can be seen by opening the issue detail view or issue view in JIRA, you can create a quick filter to exclude sub-task.
Check your config for the board.No sub-tasks should show in the planning view. They will show in the work view however (how else does the team know what to run with)
See similar quiestion https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/108172/planning-sprint-in-greenhopper-6-with-scrum-board-no-subtasks-shown
Using a quick filter is perfect. What is the query to exclude sub-tasks?
got it
type not in subTaskIssueTypes()
I have a similar issue, where I dont want to see the subtasks in the Work view of the new Greenhopper Agile Boards. I understand the positives of this feature, but would like the ability to turn it off. My main driver is that the only subtasks we put on our stories in jira are acceptance tests, which are unnecessary to see in the work view.
I tried sellerjd's JQL to filter out sub task issue types, but this doesnt work for us because it still shows a summary line for each task as though it had subtasks, but there are no subtasks under it (see below). This is slightly better, but we still cant see the estimate or what swim lane each of these stories is in.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions to help with this issue.
I have this same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
Nope, noone ever responded to this. Our solution was to stop using subtasks for our technical tasks. What we now do instead is to just use a custom field with wiki markup to add simple one-line bullet points (* [Task Description]) for tech task, and then strike through them as we finish (-- [Task Description] -- ). Since we dont estimate or keep of the tech tasks in any other way, this works for us, though it feels like a workaround.
Check your agile board configuration. I found that I had unintentionally set swimlanes to "Stories". When I changed it to "No Swimlanes", problem solved!
If you asked the question in a standalone question you might have gotten an answer. Asking a new question in another question is not the optimal way of doing things.
Thanks Jnet, this worked like a charm! I never even thought to choose "No Swimlanes", I figured that would take out the swimlanes entirely.
Thanks again!
@jnet, I responded to Dwight "complaining" that he didn't get an answer to his question. So I just informed him that he might have more luck if he asked his question as a standalone question instead as a comment in another question.
It's possible to remove sub-tasks from the board in work mode by editing the board filter.
You can add a "Work sub-filter" which is basically a quick filter that is always on
This saved me too.. thanks for the tip
This can be done by going to the Board Configuration and clicking in "Edit Filter Query"
Change the query to include this: AND type != Sub-task
Thank you! Worked like a charm
I think the easiest and most maintainable way is to use the 'Board Filter', found in Board Settings/General/Fiters/Saved Filter/Edit Filter Query.
just add " and issuetype not in (sub-task) " to the existing filter before the 'Order By' phrase of the query and save the query/filter (whatever YOU want to call it).
best!
This worked.
Thanks.
To filter out subtasks from the Kanban Board I modified the above code slightly
Go to: Kanban Board > three dot menu at top right of page > Board Settings > Quick Filters.
Then created a new filter with the JQL form field filled out with the following:
type != Sub-task
Give this new Quick Filter whatever Name and Description you like and click the Add button.
Back on your Kanban Board click the Quick Filters dropdown (located above the columns) and check the box for the Quick Filter you just created. Your sub-tasks should now disappear from the Kanban Board, but still be accessible when you select a card and view its details.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.