I had forgotten that I moved from a local server to Bitbucket for my remote repository. I performed a commit using SourceTree with "push changes immediately to default" checked. The commit worked but the push failed.
I fixed the destination path to point to the proper Bitbucket repository. I clicked on push but got the message "no changes to push". When I check the repository on Bitbucket, I can see that the source files were not updated.
What gives? I'm stuck with changes on my local repository but I cannot push them to Bitbucket.
I am trying to push to
https://bcrow@bitbucket.org/jenike/scan-namer-and-filer-utility
the error message I get says "repository is unrelated"
It looks like I may have caused the problem by copying the original files to a second folder, editing the files in that folder, moving the original files to a folder for obsolete files, then renaming the copy to the original name.
I have created a second repository to take up where the first one left off.
If someone knows a way to avoid this mess in the future, I would appreciate any tips.