An issue is created, and if component X is picked. I want to send an email out.
What is the best way to do this?ThanksJohn
Try to use some postfunction after create ussie postfunction to do this. It could be realised via ScriptRunner.
a component lead is linked to the component. When his component is chosen, I want an email to go out to him.
I am looking at the notification, that when an issue is created and his component is chosen, he gets an email. I don't have the process perfect, yet. An email is not going out. I am wondering what part of this process I am missing.
You could try the follows 1) Issue assigned to component lead 2) Send e-mail Question to think: 1) if assignee is not a component lead? Solution - store assgnee into custom field and after sending email get asgenee from it 2) What to do ut case when more that single component is selected. Reliable solution - some kind of script via Script Runner (free for JIRA6) Which way is acceptable?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.