Hi.
I’m importing a CSV file and I want to create issue links (issue “blocks,” issues “is blocked by,” etc.) between sub-tasks of the same task.
I have used Issue ID and Parent ID columns to create the sub-tasks, following directions from Importing data from CSV. All is fine and well with this step.
Now here's where I run into the block. I’ve found documentation on linking issues in a CSV file import (How to Import Issue Links from a CSV File) that says one column must be mapped as Issue ID and the other as the desired link type. However, since I’m not including any value in the Issue ID fields for sub-tasks, I can’t use those steps to create links between sub-tasks.
Is there another way to create issue links between sub-tasks in a CSV import?
Thanks!
NOTE: I know that I can do the linking manually once the issues are imported in JIRA, but I want to do this within the CSV import as this is a large upload.