Hello support,
I have run a successful space import from my PreProd confluence instance to my Production instance.
In general everything is fine, but a few internal links are broken.
- On the original wiki (exported), PageA is linking to PageB and pageC:
- Link to pageB is a link with page title
- Link to pageC is a link with pages/viewpage.action?pageId={id}
- On the target wiki (imported), PageA is still linking to pageB, but pageC link is now broken.
- Link to pageB is still using the target page title
- Link to pageC became a create+edit link with the target title
As storage format, the link from PageA to PageC is a link with page title, not with any hardcoded pageId:
<ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="Product Discontinuation (ABC)" /><ac:plain-text-link-body><![CDATA[product discontinuation]]></ac:plain-text-link-body></ac:link>
This storage format is the same in both version of the wiki (exported and imported). The page with that title (PageC) does exist in both wiki too, BUT when reading this page, the URL does not show the page title, but the pageId :
- Original wiki: pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60065714
- Imported wiki: pages/viewpage.action?pageId=79495906
It looks like confluence has all information to be able to recover these links (page titles are unique in spaces), how can I recover this case, is there a way to force reindexing or something like this ?
Is it possible to enforce confluence to regenerate page link via title, so that
- pages/viewpage.action?pageId=79495906
becomes:
- display/spacekey/Product+Discontinuation+(ABC)
?
I am pretty sure that if I can trigger this kind or "reindexing", the internal links will work back.
UPDATE
In this case, the issue happens with pages that have parenthesis in the name (page title = "Product Discontinuation (ABC)" for instance). I just saw this related KB article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-page-urls-contain-pageid-instead-of-the-page-title-278692715.html
But I don't understand on detail: here '(' and ')' are forbidden characters, but if I update my page title with a random suffix, my link changes from:
/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=79495906
to
/display/spacekey/Product+Discontinuation+%28ABC%29+title
So... it looks like it can be handled in the page URL ??
We are now using Confluence 5.6.3
Thanks and best regards
Colin