Hi all,
I've got what I thought would be a pretty common scenario....but it seems that might not be the case.
So you've got your Epic and this has stories. The epic is in one project and the stories are all being played out across other projects. There seems to be absolutely no way to track an epic on the RapidBoard if the stories aren't being played it in it's project - am I just being thick or is there a way of achieving this?
I've tried a few things, with the final attempt being creating a Swimlane with a customn query on the rapidboard (having run the query in the issue navigator first to make sure it returns results) but have got nothing, I'm now out of ideas.
You may be thinking "why on earth are you playing your epics across different projects" - here's an answer that should help:
- We use JIRA Projects to reflect our teams
- Each team works on one main product
- Some "Projects" (in the sense of a work project, not a JIRA project, something that is a deliverable end to end project) require changes to multiple products, therefore multiple teams work on the one project
- In scenarios like this, the stories that each team need to play are put in their backlogs (which means putting it in to their JIRA project)
- The epics remain in a project where they were created
- We do this in Pivotal Tracker at the moment and are attempting to replicate the functionality in Greenhopper
- Ideally we don't want to have to create another JIRA project (and thus another Rapidboard) for each cross team project as we'll lose visibility within the team. It adds complication and the devs won't update it.