What determines which fields are available under "Statistic Type" for the Pie Chart Gadget? The custom field I want to use is not there, yet there are many other custom fields (but not all) listed.
The fields have to be "statable", which is a dodgy word meaning simply "can be counted". Mostly means select list type fields, by which I mean you can look at a list, like the seven colours of a rainbow. Then you can count usage - "we've got 3 blue issues, 2 orange ones and 92 green". You cannot really do that usefully with text or date fields, it's nonsense - it would be vanishingly rare to get more than one.
Hi Michele,
You can have a look a this plugin , it add statistic for those custom fields:
Best regards
I have to disagree with this assessment. There are many cases where you would want to have a generic text field, because you cannot predict what the values need to be, but where the actual values that are used will be some small finite list (customer names, for instance). I really with there was some support for this, even if you had to manually mark the field as allowable. The plugin mentioned below works great if you are hosting your own server, but if you use OnDemand, it seems like you're out-of-luck for the time being...
Hello Tim, I have been contacted recently for having this issue sorted out for a customer willing to switch to Jira On Demand. Let it be clear that your are not alone, feel free to contact me.
If you've got a small finite list of customer names, then you should put them in a list. Then the gadget will work. Unbounded fields don't make sense. What happens when I've got 10 distinct customers and a lot of bad spellers/readers/typists? I end up with a long list of duplicate entries. It doesn't work, because you're using the wrong field type.
I have a field that represents queue ownership, there are only 10 possibilities for it.
The queue is used via a post- function that auto populates when a team is selected via transition.
That field shows which team owns ticket.
The search is based on this query - project = NOC AND project = NOC AND QUEUE ~ Fiber
How can I get the pie field options to show the "queue" field, is there an edit that can be done to query that will cause the field to display?
you need to change the searcher for your "queue" custom field , see configuring a custom field :
ex :
2356662647.png
I have a situation where a script compares the values of two custom fields that are single selects. It then puts TRUE or FALSE (i.e. match or no match) into a script field. This script field doesn't appear in the list of statistics available for the dashboard pie chart.
How do you suggest I get around that?
G>
You must assigne a statable search template that match the return type of your custom scripted field.
Here is a full example with a numeric value jira-stattable-searchers not working with scriptrunner
I have a similar challenge.
I'm trying to use the Pie Chart Gadget available in Confluence.
I want to report on the status of all stories associated with an Epic, but I don't want the direct status, I need to up a level to the Status Category (i.e. New, In Progress, Completed).
We created a new scripted field (using Script runner) called IssueStatusCategory (issue.status.statusCategory.name). This does the trick inside of queries etc. but I'm unable to see / select this field as a 'Statistic Type' within the Macro.
My scripted field "Template" is setup to use the "Text Field (multi-line)" which (I'm guessing) is contributing to the problem but I don't see another suitable 'template' for this data.
Am I off in the weeds? Am I missing something simple to make this work?
Thanks for the help!
You are right, it is the text field as described above - they're not "stattable". You're not doing anything wrong, the function isn't there.
You could switch to a different method. Have a drop-down select list that you populate in listener code instead of a calculated field.
I also need the "Team" field to be in the options.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Jira-Workload-Pie-Chart-missing-Team-field-for-distribution/qaq-p/1229003#M61957
To add an observation to this sub-discussion - Jira dashboard Pie Chart gadget does not support StatusCategory as a Statistics Type. Bummer.
+1 that lack of StatusCategory is a bummer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.