Jira Workload Pie Chart missing Team field for distribution

Guy LAROCHELLE November 15, 2019

I would like the gadget to allow for the type of statistic to be with the field "Team".

I currently have several Jira projects containing backlogs that are handled by various teams and we would like to see the workload distribution across teams, not individuals.

It's funny how all the custom fields we've added are available in the dropdown box, but not the simple "Team" field...

How soon can this be implemented, as I assume it is VERY easy and trivial.

We are on Jira Cloud by the way.

2 answers

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2022

We've used a custom single select field we called "Agile Team" for probably 8 or 9 years, because Jira didn't really have support for a team concept at the time. We've been able to use Agile Team in pie charts, sort on it, and also set an Agile Team value on sub-issue types (which is another thing you can't do with "Team"). We also created Jira groups with the same names as the Agile Team values, to map users to Agile Teams. All of this has worked really well for us since Day 1, and we plan to continue this approach, as it seems unlikely that Team will ever achieve the functionality of our eight-year-old implementation.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2022

Hello @Guy LAROCHELLE

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the team field is not available to be selected as a statistic type in the Workload Pie Chart. There is a feature request to consider this possibility in the future:

Add 'Parent Link', 'Team' as a statistic type on Pie Chart gadget 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events