For each sprint my team complete, we create stories and assign sub tasks to each before they are accepted into sprint. During testing, any defects we find for a story or with the ACs are then linked back to the original story.
We use the swimlanes on the Kanban Board so that we can also view the task progress for each story. However, we would also like to view the defects related to each story when expanding the swimlane view. At the moment, defects related to a story appear in the 'Other issues' section which is not very useful when we are trying to discuss the state of each story during standups. Without maintaining a visual board outside of Jira, we cannot see what defects are preventing our stories from being closed by the PO.
I have done some cursory google searches to try and find out if it is possible to see both defects AND tasks related to a story in the swimlanes. I found this answer which suggested that I could set the swimlane option to 'Queries': https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/177329 but I am not sure what JQL to use to see both linked defects AND sub tasks.
I have multiple projects using the JIRA Kanban boards with swimlanes enabled. The 'base swimlanes on' option is set stories. Each sprint we complete can contain multiple epics so we cannot use the epics setting. The assigness option does not provide the information I need and we do not use the Kanban board for multipl projects.
Is there a way to see both linked defects and sub tasks for stories in the Kanban swimlanes?