In this article:
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/04/how-to-manage-a-product-backlog-with-ease/
He describes backlog tiers like "Not Ready Yet" and "Ready for Feature Teams". Are these columns workflow states? Is he using a simplified or JIRA workflow? We want to setup something similar but can't figure out how it was done.
I would say you work with 2 rapid boards.
1 - Kanban board, which is what Dan is describing. The issues progress through workflow setups. Once they hit a certain status (probably in this case, the last 2 columns), they would be visible in the scrum rapid board
2 - Scrum rapid board whose backlog filter is designed to look at issues that would be only in certain columns/states from the Kanban board above
In this way, PO's etc.. can progress items through their Kanban board, and developers/SM/PO can use the Scrum board and be confident that the items appearing on the backlog are priorities and ready for estimating etc..
Yes thanks I agree that's what we was describing. I will acept this, but I'm just wondering about the *workflow* side of things. Does that imply his new issues start in the Not Yet Ready state, and they are transitioned basically via the Kanbad board until finallly in Ready for Feature Teams then they go to a normal status like Resovled then Closed? That is, is there anything specially to setup a workflow compabitible with his systems besides just adding a few states?
Yeah I would think so. Obviously I haven't seen their workflow so I'll see if Dan can pipe in here but what you described is definitely my first impression of how I'd implement it.
Yeah I've been asking rapid fire questions about his post because we have a 1000+ issues in our backlog and have had no good process to tame. Just outright ranking them seems impossible. Using a 2nd board seems brilliant on the surface, so yeah we are starving for details!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.