This question is a copy of :https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-134877
Support adviced me to post it here too.
Anyone can help (expecially for the first question)?
-----------------
Hi,
I'm running JIRA v4.2.4-b591#591.
I developed a Python script using SOAP API (suds) to connect to JIRA.
I have some questions I hope you can answer:
1) [the most important one]: how do you update an Affected Versions?
The following calls are perfectly working:
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"priority", "values":[NNN]}])
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"components", "values":[NNN]}])
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"fixVersions", "values":[NNN]}])
Instead, the following ones are not working (and they don't throw any exception):
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"affectsVersions", "values":[NNN]}])
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"whatever", "values":[NNN]}])
2) Despite the documentation (http://docs.atlassian.com/rpc-jira-plugin/latest/com/atlassian/jira/rpc/soap/JiraSoapService.html) I could find out, by chance, other "hidden" methods like:
- getIssueLinks(key)
- getTransitions(key)
- getHistory(key)
Is there a way to retrieve "Labels" too? (of course I tried the obvious one [getLabels(key)] which didn't work)
3) Referring to point 2), I'm able to retrieve links, but I don't get the 'timestamp' or the 'author' (like it's happening with "getComments(key)" for example). Is there a way to retrieve those missing informations?
4) Again about "Links", is there a way to add or remove links?
With "Labels", for example, I could use the following trick:
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"labels", "values":["A", "B", "C"]}])
updateIssue("XXX-YY", [{"id":"labels", "values":[]}])
Thanks a lot for your time,
Marco