We need to be able to transition a linked parent issue based on the status of the child. We are not using a sub-task.
How can I incorporate the transition to review link type? I've created a combination of a condition script we use for links and then a transition script we use. I know this won't work in it's current state but am I even close? @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]
Summary of what we're trying to do:
If linked issue (child link) is transitioned to Defect status, transition parent linked issue to Triage status.
// Required Imports
import com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowContext;
import com.atlassian.jira.config.SubTaskManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowTransitionUtil;
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl;
import com.atlassian.jira.util.JiraUtils;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink
def linkType = ["Dependency"]
def passesCondition = true
def linkMgr = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()
for (IssueLink link in linkMgr.getOutwardLinks(issue.id)) {
if (linkType.contains(link.issueLinkType.name)) {
if (! link.destinationObject.resolutionId) {
passesCondition = false
}
}
}
return passesCondition
// Get the details of the user executing the workflow transition for the issue change history
String currentUser = ((WorkflowContext) transientVars.get("context")).getCaller()
WorkflowTransitionUtil workflowTransitionUtil = (WorkflowTransitionUtil) JiraUtils.loadComponent(WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl.class)
MutableIssue parent = issue.getIssueLink("Dependency") as MutableIssue
// Get the status name of the parent issue
String originalParentStatus = parent.status?.name
def isParentTesting = originalParentStatus in ['Testing']
// Update the issue by validating the transition can be completed first before executing it.
if (isParentTesting) {
workflowTransitionUtil.setIssue(parent)
workflowTransitionUtil.setUserkey(currentUser)
workflowTransitionUtil.setAction(71) // 71 is the ID of the Triage transition on the Story workflow
if (workflowTransitionUtil.validate()) {
workflowTransitionUtil.progress()
}
}