Hi there,
in our company we´re facing some serious issues regarding Atlassian JIRA. Since about 3 weeks now, JIRA is incredibly slow - sometimes it takes about 30s. to edit an issue, create issues and so on.
Our JIRA instance has 100 users, <20000 issues, 121 projects - so its what Atlassian calls a small instance, afaik.
JIRA (JIRA Core 7.1.1, JIRA Softwadre 7.1.10, JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10) is installed on a virtual machine, debian wheezy x64, 8GB Ram, 60GB SSD, mysql 5.5.52, (with apache proxy), 4 virtual cores @2,26GHz. The virtual machine host doesn´t have performance problems, the performance graphs are okay (esxi 5.1)
What I´ve done so far:
I´ve updated all plugins, updated JIRA Software to 7.1.10, tested the hard disk with the tool recommended by Atlassian (avg. values between good and excellent), installed mysqltuner and set the recommended values in my.cnf (table_cache, query_cache_limit, query_cache_size, tmb_table_size, max_heap_size). mysqltuner recommends to defrag the tables (will have to do this on a weekend). I raised the JVM memory (min 1024, max 2048). I´ve just activated slow_query_log, maybe this will show something.
All of the settings I´ve done, didn´t help neither changed anything - JIRA sometimes still takes about 30 seconds. The administration backend is still fast, so I think, that it is a problem with issues only.
Do you have any further recommendations?
Thanks in advance
Simon