When writing or commenting on a ticket or documentation in either JIRA or Confluence, I often highlight variable names or values with the inline-code markers (which is two open curly-braces, text, two closed curly-braces).
{{$foo}}Now something that comes up regularly is the construct {}, which I just had to make italic instead of inline-code, because I don't understand how to escape it properly to make it show up.
I have tried a variety of things, including backslashes and spaces at various places. In the following I'll use a markdown-like syntax to show which part is highlighted. Things in backticks `$foo` are turning up inside the highlighted area in the rendered JIRA output.
{{{}}} # {`}`
{{ {} }} # {{ {} }}
{{\{\}}} # {`}`
{{\{}}} # {`}`
{{{\}}} # {{ (that one is my favourite)
# {\}}
# }
{{{{}}}} # {`}`
{{{}}{{}}} # `}{`This is highly weird. And very frustrating. This thing is relevant to JavaScript, JSON data and various other programming languages.
How do I make that thing highlighted correctly?