There are people that want to manage sprints but we don't want to have "Administer Projects" permission. Is there a way to change this?
I'm afraid not - the permissions in JIRA are not (yet) that flexible and granular.
Managing sprints does kind of necessitate the ability to manage versions too, and in most cases, someone who manages sprints is generally the scrum master and/or project lead, so it makes sense to tie it to project admin (at least until we can separate version, component, and user maintenance out, then I'd tie it to version management, or even give it its own category)
As an update to this question Atlassian have started to roll out a more granular permission set for Agile. Some details are at https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2015/11/improvements-to-jira-software-sprint-management#
Latest information on this new functionality is available at http://blogs.atlassian.com/2016/02/jira-software-sprint-permissions/.
It is possible since JIRA 7.1, I believe.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/using-manage-sprints-permission-for-advanced-cases-800708249.html
It has been changed since JIRA 7.1
You already said that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.