Hello,
I am dealing with a very frustrating Bitbucket authentication issue and have been trying to resolve it for several hours.
Repository:
https://bitbucket.org/greenunion/greenshop.git
I am the only developer working on this project and have access to the repository.
The strange part is that git push works perfectly:
To https://bitbucket.org/greenunion/greenshop.git
af8ef92..7b8d3c8 dev -> dev
However, git pull consistently fails with:
remote: You may not have access to this repository or it no longer exists in this workspace.
If you think the repository exists and you have access, make sure you are authenticated.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/greenunion/greenshop.git/'
Initially, Git redirected me to an OAuth callback:
http://localhost:34106/?code=...
After that, I received:
fatal: Unknown OAuth error
along with an AWS WAF Human Verification / CAPTCHA page.
I checked my configuration:
git config --show-origin --get-all credential.bitbucketAuthModes
file:C:/Users/User/.gitconfig basic
Git Credential Manager:
Git Credential Manager 2.7.3
Remote:
origin https://greenunion-admin@bitbucket.org/greenunion/greenshop.git
I also cleared the stored Bitbucket credentials and authenticated again through the Atlassian login window using:
Username: greenunion-admin
Password or token: API token
But the result is still:
Authentication failed
Both commands fail:
git pull
git fetch origin
while:
git push
works successfully.
So my question is:
Why would Bitbucket accept git push to the same repository but reject git pull / git fetch over HTTPS?