I am not able to use the inSprint() JQL function. It is not listed in the module list of the ScriptRunner plug-in and therefore I cannot enable it. I have the latest version of the plugin, i.e. 3.0.16.
Try with "Sprint in ...", here you can use several functions (openSprints, closedSprints, futureSprints)
I need inSprint() because I need to query for the issues in the backlog.
What do you mean with "query for the issues in the backlog" ? Something like resolution is EMPTY AND Sprint not in openSprints() AND Sprint not in futureSprints() should do ?
I need to get a list of issues in the Backlog of an Agile Board. I have tried many different combinations and can't seem to get the correct issues returned. The one you suggested returns half of the issues on the backlog.
We ran into a similar problem trying to show only epics related to issues that appeared in a RapidBoard's backlog, current or future sprints. To do this we used Jamie Echlin's script runner plugin and the following RapidBoard query:
Simple Rapid Board based on single project:
project = "My Project" or issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(" project = 'My Project' and (sprint is empty or Sprint in (opensprints(), futuresprints()))", "has Epic") order by Rank ASC
'Complex' RapidBoard based on multiple projects
filter="Complex RapidBoard Filter" or issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter='Complex RapidBoard Filter' and (sprint is empty or Sprint in (opensprints(), futuresprints()))", "has Epic") order by Rank ASC
This approach allows us to utilize the same rapid board filter syntax (changing the project name) and only shows the Epics that are associated with issues which are in the backlog, a future sprint, or a current sprint.
Note that applying this filter to a RapidBoard that was built automatically by JIRA Agile for a single project could result in displaying fewer Epics than the Board shows now - this is because the Epics which do not appear are not associated with any issues in your Board's backlog or current/future sprints.
Hope that helps someone.
-wc
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.