I’m having a persistent issue with the Atlassian Rovo MCP connector in ChatGPT.
The integration was working normally a few days ago and I was able to read and create Jira issues from ChatGPT. It now repeatedly becomes unavailable shortly after reconnecting.
Environment
ChatGPT Plus personal account
Normal ChatGPT project chat, not a custom GPT with Actions
Atlassian Rovo plugin/connector
Jira Cloud site: jamiembowers.atlassian.net
Jira project: PWB
Reproduced on both my work network and my home network
What happens
Atlassian Rovo is installed and connected in ChatGPT.
At one point, Jira requests failed with:
403 — The app is not installed on this instance.
I disconnected and reconnected Atlassian Rovo.
After reconnecting, ChatGPT successfully accessed Jira again and was able to read issues from the PWB project.
Within minutes, later requests failed because the Atlassian Rovo connector/tool became unavailable before the Jira request could complete.
This has happened even on simple read operations such as listing accessible Atlassian resources.
I changed the ChatGPT plugin permission to Allow all actions/full access, but the issue continued.
I reproduced the same behavior from both my work network and my home network, so it does not appear to be specific to a corporate firewall or proxy.
Recent reproduction timeline
All times are US Eastern Time.
Aug 12, 2026 around 9:52–9:55 AM EDT: Reconnected Atlassian Rovo. Jira access temporarily worked and ChatGPT successfully read my PWB project.
Shortly afterward, the connector became unavailable again during later Jira operations.
Aug 12 around 11:18 AM EDT: Retried after granting full access. The connector again became unavailable.
Aug 12 around 5:37 PM EDT: Retried from my home network. The connector again became unavailable while attempting a basic Atlassian resource lookup.
Expected behavior
Once OAuth authorization succeeds, the ChatGPT connector should remain available and continue to access the authorized Atlassian site until the user disconnects it or authorization is revoked.
Actual behavior
Reauthentication can temporarily restore access, but the connection becomes unavailable again shortly afterward.
OpenAI Support has also been given these details and has escalated the issue to a support specialist.
Could someone from the Atlassian Rovo MCP team help determine whether this could involve:
OAuth token/session refresh
tenant/site installation mapping
MCP session persistence
connector availability after initial authentication
the ChatGPT client integration with the Atlassian Rovo MCP Server
I can provide screenshots of the ChatGPT plugin settings, timestamps, and additional reproduction details if useful.