Hi,
I'm trying to reduce the size of my Bitbucket Cloud repository
The repository previously contained a large number of JPG files under:
./public/assets
I have optimized the current images and then rewritten the Git history using git filter-repo to remove the old versions of public/assets.
After the history rewrite, I force-pushed the rewritten history to Bitbucket.
Locally, the .git directory is now 147 MB, but Bitbucket still reports the repository size as 735 MB.
It has now been 5 days since the history was rewritten and force-pushed.
I understand that Bitbucket Cloud can retain additional references for historical Pull Requests, which may prevent the old Git objects from being garbage collected.
How can I identify and remove whatever is keeping those old public/assets objects alive so that Bitbucket can reclaim the storage?
I don't want to recreate the repository from scratch because I want to keep the existing Git history.
Thanks.