I would really like to change the default Jira workflow to be a custom greenhopper one. When our people create new projects they often forget to change the workflow. Sorry if this has already been posted. I couldn't find anything close to this question. Thanks in advance.
The default workflow can't be changed. But you can create a copy of the default, modificate the new workflow, and configure a scheme and projects to use this new workflow by default. It is almost the same thing... almost ;-)
Maybe the docs helps?
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow
In short, you need to add the workflow to a new scheme and use the scheme for your project.
There's no way of changing the default workflow, such that you don't have to remember to change the workflow scheme after creating a project.
The default workflow is defined in atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-workflow.xml, but I'm not sure what all you need to do after changing it in the file.
Thanks everyone!
I have a solution here http://mihamina.rktmb.org/2015/12/associated-workflow-creation-im-jira.html
Has this been addressed yet?
"There's no way of changing the default workflow, such that you don't have to remember to change the workflow scheme after creating a project."
This is an unacceptable end user experience IMHO.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.