How do I fix missing token error when I am trying to upload pictures?
I am trying to upload pictures to the JIRA ticket and it gives me an error missing tokens. How do I fix this?
Hey @Christopher Watson
Nine times out of ten, this one is just a stale page. Jira embeds a security token in the page when it loads, and if the tab has been sitting open for hours — or you logged out and back in from another tab — the token no longer matches your session, and attachment upload is the one action that trips over it.
- Refresh the page (F5) and re-try the upload. This fixes it almost every time.- Still failing? Log out, log back in, then retry — a fully expired session gives the same error.- Check that third-party cookies aren't blocked for `*.atlassian.net` — strict privacy settings in Firefox/Safari and some ad-blockers cause this too. Atlassian's KB on it: [missing token when attaching files](https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-cloud/kb/unable-to-attach-file-in-jira-issue-collector-due-to-missing-token-error/).- If you're behind a corporate VPN or proxy, try without it — some strip the headers Jira needs.
If it keeps happening even right after a refresh, that points at the network/proxy angle rather than the browser...
Hey @Thanasis Nikolaou thank you very much for your quick response to my question. I did a refresh and that solved my problem. Thank you very much for your help!! have a great rest of your day!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.