
[Gimme a Break!]
Ok, I guess technically what I want is a STOP command, because yes, my first programming language was BASIC.
Here's the thing. I've got an Automation Rule Flow that already has a few nested IFs.
But I need to flip the logic around, and I really just need to have the whole thing STOP if a condition is met.
I think if I use a standard top-level IF block, that will do the trick, because the way it is worded is:
WHEN: Work item created
IF Parent Key field is not empty
THEN Do the rest of the thing
AND So on
So... no ELSEs yet. I use those later.
But at this point, if Parent Key IS EMPTY, it should just stop, right?
But what I really want to do is add a comment before it stops. :-}
So I was thinking, wait, I know sometimes rules BREAK. Like when a WebRequest fails, etc.
What's the most efficient way to do that?
So I would rewrite the logic above to be:
WHEN: Work item created
IF Parent Key field is empty
THEN Add comment saying "Parent Key is empty"
AND STOP
THEN Do the rest of the thing
AND So on
Is this feasible? I know it's a hack. I know it's also lazy coding. (I've actually split what was an even gnarlier rule into two separate rules, to give me more nested IFs, and so I might be able to restructure it properly. But ugh. I just need a STOP.)
What do you think @Bill Sheboy - know of any actions that are guaranteed to FAIL? :-}