If creating a new branch that happens to have the same name as a branch that was deleted, the error "A branch with this name already exists." I've already waited nearly a week so I can't imagine there's a caching issue going on.
You might want to raise a support ticket with Atlassian at support.atlassian.com.
Branch names are case insensitive. Maybe there is another branch with the same name with different case?
Afraid not.
Will do, thank you. (Perhaps that might be the answer if you want me to accept it )
I am not going to sweat on it but I have made it answer
I had the same issue just now.Although what i noticed is that even the message "branch already exists with the same name" is displayed, branch is created in git underneath. I tried to to fetch in git console and the branch showed up in the list.In order for branch to show up in BitBucket, i did an empty commit with a push and branch also showed up in BitBucket UI.
I am still having this issue, not able to create a new branch with the same name that I deleted. last week
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.