Hello Atlassian team,
I am facing an issue with the credential when cloning a repository from the cloud server. I am able to login to the atlassian dashboard and home page but when I try to clone a repository from the project folder It ask me for a user credentials and when I provide the email address and the pwd it says incorrect/invalid credentials. Could you please help me in resolving this issue? Which credentials needs to be given while cloning the repository? Is the credential for login to cloud different from the credentials while cloning?
The credentials for Cloud are a bit different. Bitbucket Cloud wants your username and an API token created from your Atlassian account.
How do I create API token and pwd?
Hi @Ram Kumar Shrestha, different credentials, yes. Bitbucket Cloud doesn't accept your Atlassian account password over HTTPS, which is why the clone prompt rejects it while the web login is fine.
Go to id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens, choose Create API token with scopes, name it, set an expiry, pick Bitbucket as the app, then tick read:repository:bitbucket for cloning and write:repository:bitbucket as well if you'll push. Copy it there and then. It's shown once.
At the git prompt the username is the literal x-bitbucket-api-token-auth and the password is the token. Email plus token works for REST API calls, but git won't take that pairing.
Thanks Gabriela for the information. I have created the token and saved it. Now when I try to clone the repository, I get a pop with asking user id and email. I gave user id as
user id: x-bitbucket-api-token-auth
Pwd: generated api token.
but it still says invalid credentials.
thanks and regards
Ram
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.