I'm trying to accept a Bitbucket repository invite, but the invite emails never reach me. Jira notification emails to the same address arrive without any problem, so it doesn't look like a general deliverability issue.
Some things I've noticed while troubleshooting:
- My work admin can see the invites being sent, and their logs show them arriving in my email account. Despite this, I can’t find them anywhere in my mailbox, definitely not in Junk.
- My Jira login authenticates through Atlassian directly, not through Microsoft SSO.
- When I try to sign in via Microsoft instead, Atlassian shows "We were unable to verify the email associated with your Microsoft account" and asks me to verify with a code and create an account.
- Those verification codes arrive fine, which again suggests email delivery to my address is working.
- I've already added id.atlassian.com and id.atlassian.net to my safe senders.
I can see two possible explanations. The first is that there are two separate identities on the same email address: an existing Atlassian account, and a Microsoft-linked one that isn't connected to it. If the invite is being tied to the unverified Microsoft identity, that might explain why it never lands where I can see it. The second is that my address has landed on Atlassian's suppression list after a bounce, so invites are no longer being attempted even though everything looks fine at my end.
Questions:
- How do I link my Microsoft login to my existing Atlassian account rather than creating a new one?
- If a duplicate account exists on the same email, how do I merge or remove it?
- Could the invite be attached to the unverified Microsoft identity, and if so, how do I redirect it to the correct account?
- How can I check whether my email is on the Atlassian suppression list, and how do I get it removed for Bitbucket?
Any guidance on resolving the account link so the Bitbucket invite reaches me would be appreciated.
