🚨 Warning: Rovo Will Post PUBLIC Comments on JSM Tickets Even When You Ask for Internal
Product: Rovo AI Assistant
Context: Jira Service Management (Cloud)
The Problem
If you ask Rovo to post an internal/agent-only comment on a JSM ticket, it will post it as a PUBLIC comment instead — without warning you.
The customer and all request participants will receive the email notification immediately. There is no undo.
What Happened to Me
I was investigating an automation delay on a JSM ticket and asked Rovo to post a post-mortem explanation as an internal comment. Rovo:
- Did not check whether its comment-posting tool supports internal/restricted visibility before executing
- Did not stop and warn me that it couldn't honor the "internal" requirement — it just posted it publicly anyway
- Did not ask for confirmation before executing a write action on a live customer-facing ticket
- Casually suggested I "manually toggle it to internal" — but the email notifications had already gone out to the customer and all request participants
A post-mortem comment containing internal operational details was sent to the customer. That damage can't be undone.
What Rovo Should Have Done
"Hey, I need to let you know — the tool I have for adding comments doesn't support JSM internal/agent-only notes. I can't guarantee this stays private. Here's the full comment text so you can post it yourself as an internal note directly in the ticket."
Recommendations for JSM Admins
Environment
- Jira Service Management (Cloud)
- Rovo AI Assistant
- July 2026
Â