Currently, automation only supports triggers after an issue is created (i.e. on "Work item created"). There’s no way to dynamically pre-fill fields (like Description) when the issue creation form opens i.e. when you click the "+ Create" button.
So I would like to request a new trigger or API event that fires when the issue creation form is opened.
This would allow users to:
Dynamically pre-fill fields such as Description, Summary, or Labels based on project, issue type, or user role.
Provide contextual templates or guidance text to improve issue quality and consistency.
Reduce repetitive manual input and ensure standardized issue reporting across teams.
The only workarounds that I know of are browser scripts or marketplace apps (such as ScriptRunner, Issue Templates) which are either unsupported or require additional licensing and maintenance.
Let me know if I am missing something, otherwise I hope the dev team would take this into consideration.
Cheers!