Can you please help with the following. Thank you for your help.
I'm using Eclipse for my development. When I use Eclipse 2020-03, I can clone the repository using the git clone command below in the URI text field directly in Eclipse. However, when using Eclipse 2024-09 and Eclipse 2026-06, the same git clone command in the text field does not work, so I tried using the Git commands in the Command Prompt window. I would like to use Eclipse versions 2024-09 or 2026-06 if I can.
I am using Git version: git version 2.55.0.windows.2
I cannot get Git to clone my repository:.
JdbcCrudXX (the name of my repository)
I created the token: JdbcCrudXX_token
The instructions (with the token redacted) are listed below.
I'm using Windows11. I opened a Command prompt window and navigated to the location of the code in my Eclipse workspace:
C:\...\...\git\JDBC_New_XX
When I run the command:
git clone https://x-token-auth:<INSERT_TOKEN_HERE>@bitbucket.org/username/jdbccrudXX.git
I get the following error message:
Cloning into 'jdbccrudXX'...
remote: You may not have access to this repository or it no longer exists in this workspace. If you think this repository exists and you have access, make sure you are authenticated.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/username/jdbccrudXX.git/'
Instructions Displayed When Create Token (Token Is Redacted)
Your access token: "JdbcCrudXX_token"
Record this token somewhere secure, it can't be viewed or retrieved once you close this window.
<INSERT_TOKEN_HERE>
How to use this token with APIs
Provide this token in the Authorization header as a bearer token when making requests to Bitbucket APIs, for example:
Authorization: Bearer <INSERT_TOKEN_HERE>
How to use this token with your Git repository
To clone this repository using this token, run:
git clone https://x-token-auth:<INSERT_TOKEN_HERE>@bitbucket.org/username/jdbccrud26.git
To use this token to push code to this repository, set the Git author on the cloned repository by running the following code snippet in your terminal:
git config user.email <INSERT_EMAIL_TOKEN_HERE>@bots.bitbucket.org