I started Jira and the URL was working as http://<localhost>:8080
I made change to server.xml but forgot to take copy of the original file- change was make the URL work as http://<localhost>:8080/jira
I suppose that I might have done some thing wrong.
When I try to stop JIRA catalina.out had error message-
15-Apr-2016 14:35:19.882 WARNING [main]org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Catalina.start using conf/server.xml: Element type "Context" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
15-Apr-2016 14:35:19.887 SEVERE [main]org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.fatalError Parse Fatal Error at line 120 column 33: Element type "Context" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml; lineNumber: 120; columnNumber: 33; Element type "Context" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
I reverted back the changes and now the server.xml has
in line 120-
<Context path=""docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
but I am not able to start JIRA
I see the error message in catalina.out in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs
15-Apr-2016 15:23:29.504 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Catalina.start using conf/server.xml: Element type "Context" must be f ollowed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
4263 15-Apr-2016 15:23:29.505 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.
Thanks,
Bose Kamineni