Hello everyone,
I am writing here because I am deeply shocked and distressed about the sudden loss of years of my historical work. I recently logged into my Atlassian account, only to find that my workspace is completely empty and all my repositories have vanished.
After digging through my old emails, I finally found a single, generic notification from December 2025 titled "Upcoming changes to Free Bitbucket workspaces". The title was highly misleading—it looked like a standard policy or tier update (similar to the 1GB storage limit), rather than an explicit warning that my entire account's data would be permanently destroyed in May 2026. Sending a single email for such a catastrophic action is completely unacceptable.
I no longer have local copies of these numerous repositories on my current machine. This data is of critical historical and professional importance to me.
I already tried opening an account ticket, but I was bounced back here because I am a free user.
Is there any Atlassian staff member or administrator here who can escalate this to the backend team? I urgently need to check if my inactive workspace is still in cold storage or a temporary backup window so it can be exceptionally restored, even if just for 48 hours, to let me download my code.
Thank you to anyone who can help me grab the attention of the internal support team.