I am reaching out to inquire about the availability of a GitLab MCP (Model Context Protocol) integration for Rovo Agents.
Context and Use Case:
I am building a Rovo Agent designed to analyze engineering team performance by retrieving detailed data from GitLab - specifically commits, merge requests, and pipeline statuses associated with individual engineers. This would enable automated work analysis, progress tracking, and reporting across Jira issues and GitLab activity.
Current Limitation:
I have successfully configured the GitLab connector via Teamwork Graph, which is actively syncing (2,378 objects indexed). However, this connector only enables search and discovery of GitLab content. It does not provide the direct API-level access required for my use case - such as querying commits by author, filtering merge requests by date range, or retrieving pipeline details programmatically.
To achieve this, I would need a GitLab MCP server integration, similar to what is currently available for Bitbucket and GitHub within Rovo. I have explored the option of adding a custom MCP server, but the current requirements (Streamable HTTP transport, OAuth 2.1 with authorization code grant, and Dynamic Client Registration) make it impractical to use existing open-source GitLab MCP servers, as they predominantly support stdio transport only.
Request:
- Is there a planned timeline for an official GitLab MCP integration for Rovo Agents?
This integration would significantly enhance the value of Rovo for teams that rely on GitLab as their primary source control platform.
Thank you for your time and support.