Hi Bitbucket team,
I'm hitting a write-block on a Free Bitbucket workspace that doesn't add up, and I think it's down to orphan license records left from earlier workspaces. I'd appreciate a look.
Symptom
git push to (edited due of privacy) /lissn.webservice.git is rejected with:
[ALERT] Your push failed because the account 'sonica-dev' has exceeded its user limit
[ALERT] and this repository is restricted to read-only access.
SSH auth succeeds ("authenticated via ssh key"). The workspace is on Free and the Atlassian admin console for sonica-dev shows Total users: 1, Licensed users: 1.
Where I think the issue is
When I opened the Atlassian Support contact form and selected Technical issues → "Which app is this for?", the dropdown listed FOUR Bitbucket (Cloud Free) entitlements tied to my account:
- https://bitbucket.org/lorne
- https://bitbucket.org/sonica-dev (listed twice — duplicate)
- https://bitbucket.org/sonicadev
The Bitbucket workspace UI does not surface these. Both bitbucket.org/lorne and bitbucket.org/sonicadev return 404 — the workspaces are gone, only ghost license records remain. The duplicate sonica-dev entry also looks like a billing-side artifact (I only created the workspace once, today). I think these four Free-tier entitlements are summing past the per-account cap, which is what's tripping the "exceeded user limit" on the lone live workspace.
What I'm asking for
1. Reap the orphan Cloud Free license records for bitbucket.org/lorne and bitbucket.org/sonicadev (both workspaces no longer exist).
2. Dedupe the two sonica-dev license entries down to one.
3. Restore write access to sonica-dev/lissn.webservice.
Atlassian account: ( Edited due of privacy). Happy to DM org ID, Bitbucket app ID, and a recent order reference privately if those help identify the right records to clean up.
I have ~10 commits queued locally to push to this repo. Thanks for any help.
— Lorne