Hi! I am trying to execute the following in automation rules (cloud).
Background:
- The form is
- a)translated into 3 other languages (english + 3 more in other words) and
- b) some of the end user input in the form field is to be used in a Branch with conditions later on
- Trigger automation rule = Forms submitted
- data is not stored in custom fields, hence this trigger
So, what I am trying to achieve is:
- Based on a {{forms.last.xxx}} and/or {{forms.last.xxx.label}} I want to look up in the lookupTable
- The possible results of {{forms.last.xxx}}/{{forms.last.xxx.label}} are Key in my Create lookup table
- After lookup, use the Value result as conditions in Branch with conditions
The description in action Create lookup table describes that I can access lookup table variable using .get(). It also describes that I can use smart values as the key, but only (?) if value is stored in a field.
Current status in my automation
- I cannot get these different variations to work successfully
- {{BusinessCriticality.get({{forms.last.BusinessCriticality.label}})}} Error in automation, probably cannot nest {{}} within .get()
- {{BusinessCriticality.get("{{forms.last.BusinessCriticality.label}}")}} Same error as above
- ROVO suggested this setup:
- {{lookupTable.get("BusinessCriticality","{{forms.last.BusinessCriticality.label}}")}}
I do understand that I probably could work my around the challenge and add form field value into a field, but if possible I´d like to not do that.
So, I guess my questions really are:
- can form fields be used together with lookup tables?
- if yes, how should I configure it when lookuptable name = BusinessCriticality and response from user can be found in {{forms.last.BusinessCriticality.label}}?