Hello. I am new to JIRA and need some help. I am way over my head. We have this task. It is being reused because there is some external automation at work which reuses its unique key. It jumps between statuses (To-do, In Progress, Resolved, Failed). But that is not important. What is important is that I need to enforce the following logic,
1) The task should be visible to the developers who upload Oracle database SQL scripts to it as attachments, and the Database admins who review and approve them, move to "In Progress" then automation takes over.
2) The field "Approved by DBA" should only be fillable by the DBAs by entering any of their names, because they need to review the uploaded scripts for errors, so god forbid a production database doesnt gets accidentally deleted by the automation next.
So, how do I restrict the "Approved by DBA" field only to be used by a specific group (like "DBAs") or specific people? The solution is probably super-simple, but I lack the knowledge, I am just an Oracle DBA. But I have admin privileges within this DEV Atlassian account, so I can recreate the task or even the entire project, if needed. May be it shouldn't be a task to begin with, but some other entity (which?)
Here is a screenshot. Many thanks in advance.
