https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue?_ga=1.236557761.1175858395.1482946513
After following the instructions from the link above regarding flagging issues with impediments, an error occurs saying "A flag cannot be added (due to the configuration of the custom field "Flagged")."
How do I fix this? I can't seem to find where to change the flagged field (and what to change it to).
Yes, I am using the simplified workflow
Thank you
Start by looking at an issue you want to flag in issue detail view. Under Administration, click "where's my field" and search for the flagged field.
It will most likely be missing from your project's configuration. The dialog will normally point you to the cause of the problem.
First thought - it may be that changes were made to the configuration that does not include certain issue types. If the flagged field is not part of the issue type, it might cause this. See here to check:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-custom-field-776636423.html
Section: How to create a custom field context
It should be set to: Global (all issues)
Walter's suggestion is an excellent way to start.
Hi Tom- thanks for your input! When I try to follow that article's instructions to confingure a custom field, I do not see issues under the symbol of the top right of the page
Hummm.... if you are on a board and drop down the options you should see it in the JIRA Administration section - looks like this;
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 9.51.02 AM.png
If you don't see it, you need to find someone that has Admin access.
Thank you Walter. You were correct-- I do not see that field in my project's configuration. Are only admins able to fix this?
I'm afraid so. I'd suggest you contact someone with JIRA Administrator rights and send him/her the info you collected from the dialog. They should be able to enable the field for you from there.
Many thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.