I’m struggling to get a very simple Jira Automation → Confluence use case working and would appreciate guidance on the correct supported approach.
What I’m trying to do
Using Jira Automation, loop through linkedIssues and create/update a Confluence Cloud page containing a table with the following columns:
Source issues are standard Jira issues (some created via Jira Product Discovery connections, which I understand are implemented as issue links).
What Works
{{lookupIssues.size}}
{{#lookupIssues}}{key}}-{{summary}}-{{status.name}}{{/}}This renders all the content as a stream of text..which proves I have the data
What I’ve tried
Wiki markup table syntax
|| Key || Name || Status || Start Date || End Date ||
| ABC-1 | Example | In Progress | 2026-04-01 | 2026-05-01 |
Result: Automation fails Could not parse page content. I
Even If I remove smartvalues the markup is not interpreted
HTML table syntax
<table>
<tr><th>Key</th><th>Name</th>...</tr>
</table>
Show more lines
Result: HTML tags rendered literally (<tr>, <th> visible on the page).
Looked for (but do not see) the older option:
- “Convert Jira wiki markup to Confluence storage format”
This option does not appear to exist in the current Automation UI.
Environment
- Jira Cloud
- Confluence Cloud (new editor)
- Jira Automation (current UI)
What I need help clarifying
- What is the official supported way (in 2026 / current Cloud editor) to generate tables in Confluence via Jira Automation?
- Is there a required body format (ADF / storage format / markdown subset)?
- Are tables from Automation currently supported at all in the new editor?
- If this is expected behaviour, is there documentation confirming the limitation?
Happy to provide screenshots, rule JSON, or page IDs if helpful.
Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards,
J