It seems jira automation rule can only support plain text when editing the Description, Comment, email body.
I don't believe you haven't implement the rich text function against these fields.
How can I enable them or edit them in rich text format?
Hi @flourish_x_yang
In the automation itself you cannot use the rich text editor, that's right.
However, using the Jira markdown syntax in the automation you can input some rich text formatting with the automation.
Hope this helps,
Sandro
Hello @flourish_x_yang
For sending an email through an automation rule use the Send Customized Email action. That gives you an option to use Rich Text for the email content.
For the Description field you may find the answer on this 2024 post helpful.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Is-there-an-easy-way-to-edit-rich-text-for-use-in-Automation/qaq-p/2697547
I tried it, but nothing effected.
oh, my version doesn't have such "send customized email" function.
My apologies. I overlooked that your question is tagged as "date-center". My answer is applicable only to the Jira/JSM Cloud product.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.