is there a way to use "Find and remove these" with a dedicated value, e.g. development-SNAPSHOT in field "Affects Version/s" (known from Bulk change) in JIRA Automation, e.g. in edit issue (issue actions)?
Hi @Thomas Scheer -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
For a question like this, context is important for the community to help. Please post the following:
Thanks, and kind regards,Bill
I have a daily automatic process to scan a certain repository with CICD-tools e.g. version : 12.19.1-SNAPSHOTFor each finding in this codeline, a JIRA Ticket is created with the "affected version": 12.19.1-SNAPSHOTonce a week I want to "reset" these tickets regarding the affected version. So 12.19.1-SNAPSHOT should disappear from the affected versions of a set of tickets.I can do this manually using the BULK CHANGE function of JIRA. BUT I'm looking for a JIRA automation (scheduled) which does the same job.JIRA: on-premise Server
Thanks for that information, @Thomas Scheer and it appears you have not tried creating the automation rule yet.
Based upon you using the bulk change feature, it seems you can write a JQL expression to find the issues to update. If that JQL can be made generic or dynamic, you could use a Scheduled Trigger automation rule to find and edit the issues.
If you run into challenges doing this, please post an image of your complete rule and the audit log details, particularly the JQL used. Those will provide more context for the community to offer better suggestions. Thanks!
Hi Bill, thanks for your response.That is exactly what I have done, BUT
edit the issues: there is no possibility to use "find and remove" on a field e.g. affect versions in my JIRA serverThat is my initial problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.