I have created my first JIRA Agile project and we've started our first sprint. We know a few of the tasks we want to work on but do not have an exhaustive list. For this first sprint we'd like to add tasks as we go. But when I create a tasks the estimate field is disabled for some reason. Can I not put in a story points estimate once a sprint has started? What if we misestimate, reconvene as a team, and decide to reestimate a task once we know more details? Can we not update the number of story points for a task a day or two into a sprint?
Edit:
Here is a screen shot of the issue panel. They test unestimated is greyed out. When I click on it I am unable to edit it. If I click on the task name I can edit that. But I cannot edit the estimate. When I click the "..." edit button or the hotkey 'e' there is no field for me to enter the estimate.
image2015-6-1 12:30:28.png