I'm using the atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.15.0 pipe in Bitbucket Pipelines to deploy to an ECS service that has the deployment circuit breaker enabled with automatic rollback. I've hit a silent-failure mode and want to confirm whether there's a supported way to make the pipe fail the build when it happens.
atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.15.0
Repro:
FORCE_NEW_DEPLOYMENT: 'true'
WAIT: 'true'
FAILED
PRIMARY
Questions:
aws-ecs-deploy
rolloutState
COMPLETED
Hello and welcome to Atlassian Community @Michael Halligan
What you observed matches the standard ECS services-stable waiter, which considers a service stable when there is one deployment and the running task count equals the desired count.
For this requirement, I'd move deployment to AWS CLI instead of aws-ecs-deploy plus a waiter. Atlassian's ECS docs recommend the CLI for advanced scenarios needing more control.
AWS now exposes service deployment history through currentServiceDeployment / describe-service-deployments
For logs, print latest ECS service events on deployment failure:
`aws ecs describe-services --cluster "$CLUSTER" --services "$SERVICE" --query 'services[0].events[:10].[createdAt,message]' --output table`
If you need more detailed answer or inspection, if I will be in your shoes I would open support ticket.
Best,
Arek 🤠
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.