I have suddenly lost access to several repositories. I was the owner in all of them:
These were created back when workspaces didn't exist - Is there any way to restore them?
Hi @Tete
The workspace you're enquiring about is marked DORMANT, and you're also not a listed user on that workspace.
The owner of the workspace needs to access their workspace list and re-activate it - we can't reveal who the owner is as we can't verify that you have any rightful ownership over the content:
Please reach out to them to action this.
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Hi @Tete ,Yes, possibly but what this means is that your repositories are likely located under another workspace, not that they have been deleted. The repositories created prior to workspaces were migrated to workspaces, which means the first step would be to look into All workspaces and other Atlassian accounts that you might be using. As mentioned by Atlassian, it is best to use the old URL of the repository to pinpoint the right workspace, along with making sure that you are signed into the right account. This might help
Dear Ben,
Thank you for your message. I discovered that the [REDACTED] workspace belongs to another developer who also used [REDACTED] as a nickname on Bitbucket back in 2014-2015. I contacted them [REDACTED] to explain the situation.
Obviously I don't want access to their content, only my own. I forwarded old commit-related emails as proof of repo ownership to the support team.
Kindly,Tessa / [REDACTED]
I can see you've raised a ticket with our support team, I've redacted elements of your reply as this is a public forum.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.