Hello. This is my first time using Atlassian Community.
I am a very low-level user of Bitbucket git. I have about 2 dozen private, sinlge-user repos, via a free account. I use them only to sync R scripts and LaTeX source files between different computers, and as a place to keep track of and store my version histories. Nothing fancy.
Now it seems I have to get API tokens. I've read this:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/using-api-tokens/
yet am still confused.
1. Do I need one token for me, that will work across all my repos? Or do I need a separate token for each repo?
2. What exactly is a token? Is it a file that gets stored on my computer? Or just a character string like a password?
4. On the page I referenced above, most of the instructions begin with "clone the repository like this . . . ." But I've already cloned all my repos long ago and have been using them right along. Do I have to clone them anew?
I'm sure I'll have more questions as I dig into this.
Grateful for any help. Thanks.