I've just set up BitBucket and have added 2 other users. We're on the Free tier. I created a repo and cloned it, then added files; the commit went fine but when I tried to push the changes I got the following error message:
remote: ********************************************************************************remote: [ALERT] Your push failed because the account 'my-account-name' has exceeded itsremote: [ALERT] user limit and this repository is restricted to read-only access.remote: [ALERT] Change your plan to restore write access:remote: [ALERT] https://bitbucket.org/my-account-name/workspace/settings/plansremote: ********************************************************************************fatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/my-account-name/my-project-name.git/': The requested URL returned error: 402Am I wrong in thinking we should be able to have 5 users, or is there another issue here?
Hi @Sharon Gilmore welcome to the community,
Do you have pending invitations? These also count towards user count.
Also, Bitbucket calculates users on the workspace-level, across all repositories.
Does it show you 3 users here?https://bitbucket.org/your-workspace-key/workspace/settings/user-directory
Thanks for your reply. Yes, that shows 3 users. I don't have any pending invitations.
Under Plans and Billing > Plan details, does it also only show the 3 users?
Other than that, I can only recommend you to try to remove one of the users and add them back. Maybe its some weird sync glitch.
I just tried pushing again and it worked - must have been some sort of strange glitch that just took time to work its way out. Thanks for your help!
This can occur if you clone an empty repository and attempt to commit to it from a local repository - you must add the BitBucket repo remote to your local repo and then git push.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.