We've recently received an email that App Passwords will be going away. We currently make use of them.
I created an API token following the documentation and tried to use it to clone a repository using the same command we normally use with the existing app password and it failed. I then tried creating an API token with scopes giving it every scope for bitbucket and that also failed.
The command we used to use with the app password was:
git clone -b <branch> https://<username>:<app password>@bitbucket.org/<project details>.git
I tried the exact same command with the API token simply replacing the app password with the new API token (which as far as I could make out from the documentation is the correct way to do it).
The error received was as follows:
remote: You may not have access to this repository or it no longer exists in this workspace. If you think this repository exists and you have access, make sure you are authenticated.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/<project details>'
I suspect its something obvious I'm doing but due to lack of simple documentation I can't work out what we are doing wrong.