Here's a subsection of my bitbucket-pipelines.yml:
pipelines:branches:release: - parallel: - step: *BuildWindows - step: *BuildMacOS - step: *BuildDocumentation - step:name: Uploaddeployment: Develop
This setup is intended to have builds running on three machines/platforms simultaneously. (Documentation is built on linux)
The definitions for these steps each target a different self-hosted machine that is currently idle like so:
definitions:steps: - step: &BuildWindows name: Build Windowsruns-on: - 'self.hosted' - 'windows'
This page states that free plan users can have up to 10 parallel steps: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/parallel-step-options/
In my experience, these steps execute sequentially. Any idea what i might be doing wrong? I have run out of build minutes (trying qodana), but since these steps run on self.hosted runners that should be fine, sequential builds to work.
@MennoVink
Two ideas:
Hi @MennoVink
Thank you for reaching out to the community.
Based on the YAML configuration, it seems you're missing the "steps" property in your parallel steps.
It should be like this:
Regards,Mark C
Hi @Mark C @Aron Gombas _Midori_ , thanks for your suggestions.
Unfortunately neither of them work. I've waited for build minutes to reset. All runners are online ready to accept steps. I have added the steps indirection to the parallel section.
I see BuildWindows starting right away, Build macOS and Build Documentation stay queued until their previous step is done.
Here is my full bitbucket-pipelines.yml: https://pastebin.com/8h5hHHqT
I'm trying to execute the branches -> release pipeline
Any other ideas as to what i could be doing wrong? The bitbucket pipelines yaml validator sais it's valid.
Were you getting some errors?
No errors, the pipeline runs through to completion, just one step at a time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.