We are using bitbucket cloud and I've created a file and folder
.bitbucket\pull_request_template.mdfollowing this page:Pull Request templates in Bitbucket Cloud | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian DocumentationI did publish my source_branch but when I tried to create a PR the template is not showed.I did create a simple file with only one line to test it but I haven't get any success.Do I need to have any privileges on the repo a part from normal developer?Tks
Hi @Antonio Alves
The first thing I’d check is the file path. In Bitbucket Cloud, the documented path is:
.bitbucket/pull_request_template.md
with forward slashes, not backslashes.
Your post shows:.bitbucket\pull_request_template.md
If that is the actual path in the repo, Bitbucket won’t pick it up as the PR template.
A couple of other details from the docs:- the template is branch-dependent- Bitbucket uses the template file from the source branch of the PR- if the file is not present in the source branch, the default PR description is shown instead
So I’d verify:1. the file path is exactly .bitbucket/pull_request_template.md2. the file exists in the source branch you’re opening the PR from3. the branch with the template was pushed before opening the PR
I don’t believe this is primarily a permissions issue if you can already create the PR.
Hey @Ajay _view26_ Thanks for the comments.All 3 mentioned items were checked:[x] 1. the file path is exactly .bitbucket/pull_request_template.md[x] 2. the file exists in the source branch you’re opening the PR from[x] 3. the branch with the template was pushed before opening the PRI believe the path slash is system dependent (I'm using Windows) :-) Copied now from our website repo:
I was able to get the PR template working using the repo settings following this page:Pull request and merge settings | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian SupportTks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.